Seymour M. Bogdonoff and the Princeton Gasdynamics Laboratory
- Additional Document Info
- View All
The Princeton Gasdynamics Laboratory was founded in about 1950 by Lester Lees and Seymour Bogdonoff. Bogdonoff became its Director in 1953, and remained in that post until 1989. Under his direction the Laboratory became a national powerhouse in aeronautical research. At its peak, the laboratory employed about six or seven faculty, maybe 50 graduate students, and 10 or 12 research associates and technicians, all working with a large range of wind tunnels designed by Bogdonoff, often aided by his close associate Irwin Vas. Here, we review some of the history and accomplishments of the Gasdynamics Laboratory.
author list (cited authors)