Location of cholic acid sequestered by core-shell nanoparticles using REDOR NMR Academic Article uri icon


  • Solid-state 13C{19F} rotational-echo double-resonance (REDOR) NMR was used to locate [24-13C]cholic acid that had been absorbed by nanoparticles with a core-shell morphology. The nanoparticles were composed of poly(4-fluorostyrene)-block-poly(acrylic acid) copolymers in which 15% of the poly(acrylic acid) shell functionality had been cross-linked with 2,2-(ethylenedioxy)bis(ethylamine). The REDOR data were consistent with no cholic acid in the core, approximately 28% located at or near the core-shell interface, and the remaining 72% of the cholic acid farther than 25 angstrom from the interface.

published proceedings


author list (cited authors)

  • Kao, H. M., O'Connor, R. D., Mehta, A. K., Huang, H. Y., Poliks, B., Wooley, K. L., & Schaefer, J.

citation count

  • 28

complete list of authors

  • Kao, HM||O'Connor, RD||Mehta, AK||Huang, HY||Poliks, B||Wooley, KL||Schaefer, J

publication date

  • January 2001